Aromatherapy, the ancient practice of using essential oils to boost a person’s mood, immune system and overall health, is becoming increasingly popular today. Many people turn to natural essential oils when conventional modern medicine fails them. Essential oils work by stimulating the hypothalamus portion of the brain. You’ve probably heard of people using essential oils to fight depression, infections or even cancer, but did you know that many of those same oils can have amazing effects on your sex life? Here are some of the best oils for sensual enjoyment.
- Sandalwood is an essential oil that is often used in meditation. Its musky scent promotes openness and works as an aphrodisiac. Because of these properties the oil is often used in sensual candles and massage lotions.
- Rose, perhaps the most romantic of all essential oils, is believed to promote sexual wellbeing and regulate the female reproductive system. Rose oil is often used in an effort to promote fertility.
- Ylang Ylang is another essential oil believed to be an aphrodisiac. The fragrance is reported to increase sexual attraction between partners as well as elevate sexual energy. Like sandalwood, ylang ylang is also used in a variety of sensual products.
- Ginger oil provides a warming sensation on contact, which relaxes muscles and relieves stress and tension. The fragrance stimulates the mind to become alert and active and is believed to increase libido. Ginger oil is another essential oil that is often used as an aphrodisiac.
- Jasmine oil is fragrant, floral oil believed to balance energy. It is used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. It is also used during childbirth, as it is believed to enhance female power.
- Patchouli oil is another essential oil commonly used during meditation to relax the body and focus the mind. Patchouli oil is known for decreasing inhibitions and improving communication, making it a perfect choice for sensual play.
When shopping for essential oils keep in mind that you may not react to certain oils the same way others do. Everyone has their own preferences; what smells heavenly and alluring to one can smell plain stinky to another. Take the time to inhale the oils and honestly determine your reaction. Pack a handful of coffee beans and sniff them between oils to clear the fragrance from your senses. Choose your favourites and take them home to experiment with your own custom blends. Research your selected oils to determine which can be ingested and which can be used directly on your skin; many essential oils, like ginger, should be diluted with a carrier oil before massaged onto the skin. Coconut, olive and sweet almond oils are all popular carrier oil choices for essential oil massage blends. Adding essential oils to your bath is another great way to enjoy their sensual effects. After your massage or bath fill a diffuser with your oil blend, non-diluted, and place it near your bed. The sensual stimulation will continue throughout your love making!
Why not bring in some massage oils made with essential oils into your bedroom! I recommend this site